UrbanPromise Trenton believes in the power of opportunity. We provide urban youth and teens with a chance to believe in and build, a positive future by providing Trenton’s children and young adults with the skills necessary for academic achievement, life management, spiritual growth, and Christian leadership.
We help young people reach their academic potential, surrounding them with an intentional circle of support that prepares each child to become thoughtful, engaged citizens in their communities. OUR MOTTO Reach A Child Raise A Leader Restore Community
UPT provides FREE AfterSchool and SummerCamp programming for youth and teens at two sites in Trenton. UPT has developed a robust Youth College Readiness Program to assist StreetLeaders in preparing for college. As part of the work with college students, UPT has a dedicated Trustees Scholarship Program that helps students offset college costs to ensure that no students graduate with staggering debt.
UrbanPromise Trenton was launched in July 2011 under the leadership of Carl Clark Jr, one of the first camp kids of UrbanPromise in Camden in 1988, and Phyllis Jones, a long-time UrbanPromise Camden supporter.
AfterSchool Drop-in Program
- Tutoring and extra-curricular activities
- Educational enrichment programs
- Bible studies, games, and nutritious snacks
- Offers employment to Trenton-area teenagers
- Teens work as counselors, tutors, and mentors
- Focus on job training, education, and Christian development
- focus on cross-cultural experiences
- historical perspectives
- environmental awareness
- community service
Summer Reading Program
- Competent and supportive educators
- Safe and chaos-free learning environments
- Expeditionary and experiential learning opportunities
- Resources to be readily prepared for the college classroom and environment