Life Coaching Ministries
Our Mission is to give hope and a holistic transformation to street kids and orphans in the city of Lilongwe by providing food, education support, Christian formation, and temporary shelter. Life coaching Ministries aspires to see the street-connected children and orphans becoming responsible citizens and successful leaders who will realize their potential and bring change to the world.
Therefore, we believe that “What these kids need is more than good policies and programs, but they need parents-people, adults, who will remember their names, celebrate their birthdays, know their favorite colors, and enjoy taking them to the swings. Children flourish when loved and love takes people” Greg W. Bush.
Life coaching Ministries is going to call Dzalanyama Village, Lilongwe home. Here we will run an after school program, women empowerment programming for the girls living on the street, and a feeding program.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Hamilton Douglas Banda is a graduate of African Bible College, Malawi. He is currently working on a Masters’ Degree in Organizational Development from Cairn University, Langhorne, PA. Upon graduation he will return to Malawi to build upon a ministry he started prior to traveling to the States. Life Coaching Ministries reaches children living on the streets of the capital city of Malawi, giving them food, academic and spiritual support and soon a place to call home.
Mr. Banda himself was a beneficiary of an UrbanPromise International affiliate ministry called YouthCare Ministries. His parents passed away when he was 5 years old and due to poverty, he ended up living in the streets. At the age of 8, Mr. Banda was rescued from the streets and given shelter and education through a program called Safe Haven. His organization, called Life Coaching Ministries, will provide education, shelter, Christian formation and food for street-connected children and orphans.
“To whom much is given, much will be required” (Luke 12:48)
SAFE HOME ORPHANAGES
- The overarching goal of our feeding program activities is to improve childhood nutrition.
- Increase children's ability to concentrate and learn in class, promote enrollment and regular attendance as well as to reduce drop-out rates.
- But also, with poverty in Malawi, this will help to feed many children.
YOUNG WOMEN EMPOWERMENT
- Due to poverty in Malawi many girls miss school because they can’t afford to get pads for menstrual period. So, we would like to provide pads for young women.
- Sponsor school fees to those who cannot afford.
- Teach them skills.
- HIV/AIDS, Pregnancy prevention education
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
- After-school programs will support social, emotional, cognitive, and academic development, reduce risky behaviors, promote physical health, and provide a safe and supportive environment for children and youth in our ministry.
- Counseling, and opportunities for recreation.
SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM
- This program will provide a safe environment for our kids to build relationships with one another without competing for resources on the streets.
- Educational purpose, allow children to learn new skills in a safe and nurturing environment. We believe that raising an independent child means teaching responsibility, encouraging exploration, and providing a safe environment for a child to make decisions independently.
- Teach them the Word of God.
TRADE SCHOOL PROGRAM
This program was started by Life Coaching Ministry to provide survival skills to youths who are orphans. They have been raised on the streets of Lilongwe and Malawi as a whole, to enable them to be trained and stand on their own feet. Youths gain knowledge and experience from top instructors as they learn how to work with modern machines and tools through hands-on training.
Currently, the Life Coaching Ministries Trade School program has assisted nearly 15 youths, who have graduated and have begun careers as a result of the ministry's assistance. Currently, the ministry has partnered with Sanwecka Tech Companions in Lilongwe, Malawi. These tech companions provide services including:
Television screen repair
DVD repair, cellphone repair
Mechanical engineering and clothing design
When you sponsor a child or youth with UrbanPromise International, you become a part of their extended family around the world. Helping them break free from the chains of their circumstances, and giving them the opportunity to hope for a brighter future.